Tuesday 29 October 2013

I hope I don't die of old age just yet...

I write this new blog entry thing literally a week before I turn 27.

I'm slowly becoming more freaked out about how old I am and how little I wish to remove myself from the kindly bosom of my parents. Am I really going to end up like a 45 year old undesirable bachelor? Will I die not fulfilling any potential at all!

Tune in next week, Same Twat Time, Same Twat Channel!

But modelling wise, things are happily coming along.

The main superstructure for the break van is now complete including adding updated it to make it more LNER. A lot of which was detailed in my last blog but something which I hadn't done before that entry was the double lamp irons common to LNER brake vans. there was simple being just a slice of "L" shaped plastic strut and some micro strip about a 1mm wide.


Over all the rest of it was simple enough to do until I came to the brass wire which I know I've messed up with but hopefully it won't look to bad once painted and weathered.




also whilst I've been at it, I've began painting the Sulphate wagons with some Railmatch enamels I bought from my local shop. The thing about these wagons is that the main body was made up of steel sheeting and the doors where wooden. I suspect the wooden doors would fade at a quicker rate to the nature of wood and the frequent handling of the doors.


To replicate this I painted the body the general early BR grey colour where as the doors I painted with LNER grey. I know, Grey is grey but as that sex starved dildo wielding writer lady state (incorrectly) there was 50 different shades. Actually, love, petal, sugar tits, you might find in the model railway fraternity there are far more than just 50.

I'm hoping that after some weathering they turn out okay, what this space....

Anyway, I'm off to try and see the Great Gathering again on my birthday :D then afterwards get smashed with some friends and try and find a way out of an uncomfortably interested cactus.

For more information on the recent gathering at York here's the link.

http://www.nrm.org.uk/planavisit/events/mallard75.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment